Friday 3 February 2012

Daunting Future

So there I am this morning, sat in the staffroom with my hot chocolate and toast, in come a few girls before they start and up pops a conversation about the nursery owner getting rid of people after they've passed their Level 2 in childcare. I'm sat there like "what?". 
It turns out he does it a lot, to most of the trainees. I wouldn't mind as much, if he had any qualifications in childcare at all. He doesn't. He says he's a hairdresser, which I very much doubt myself considering he's meant to cut his wife's hair (who also works at the nursery)... and that is a mess, to be frank, an absolute mess. That's beside the point, though. What really matters is my future. I know it's only 2 years away, but... but seriously? He's not the manager, only the owner (and a rather annoying one at that). But as it turns out, he does it so he doesn't have to pay more to keep them on after they've done their Level 2 and to pay them to do their Level 3. 
Now that makes sense, considering the cheap nature of the owner. The nursery itself is old and he's just an idiot trying to conserve money at every single opportunity, literally.

And apparently, during this conversation, the newest girl - who I knew from highschool - is being kept on after she's finished, while another girl is being 'kicked out'.

What a nice thing to hear on a Friday morning when I had been happy all week (well... Wednesday and Thursday).

Am I being kept on? Are they going to just kick me out after the 2 years? 
Going through my head all day. I hope not. I really do. I mean it's not like I probably will stay in childcare after that long (considering I genuinely thought of leaving only last week or something), but I'd still rather be in the knowledge that I have a job should I want to stay. 

It's possible, though, due to my 'connection's - my sister being the deputy manager and her best friend, whom I've known since I was a child, is the manager - I'll be kept on after my Level 2. 
I'm a key person, though, which apparently is only given to apprentices the management feel are capable of handling it. Those could potentially weigh in my favour. 
I hope they do.
I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment